The Andrews Memorial SDA Church has a vacancy for a Secretary/Administrator. The ideal candidate must be an exemplary Seventh Day Adventist Christian who is committed to the ministry and witness of the Church. The post requires a qualified, mature, self-motivated person who will have the ability to work well with church staff and other ministry leaders in a healthy and flexible manner without regular close direction.
- Provide clerical, secretarial and logistical support for Pastors, Elders, Department Heads and other Church Officers as directed.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to requests/queries from visitors and church members.
- Maintain and secure complete, orderly, up-to-date files for review and retrieval.
- Schedule the rental and use of the Church facilities based on the approved guidelines.
- Maintain records re maintenance of equipment, pianos, organ, choir robes etc.
- Maintain Petty Cash with appropriate records.
- Prepare Cheque Requisitions to the Treasurer for payment.
- Maintain storage and inventory of all office supplies.
- Maintain and update information packages re Counselling, Marriage, New Members, Baptisms etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma in Administrarive Management or Advanced Secretarial Studies or comparable qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years experience performing similar duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher etc.
- Interpersonal Skills Required, Cheerful, Warm & Welcoming, Self-motivated
- Willingness to assist with projects when needed
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements in a sealed envelope to:
Pastor Adrian Johnson or Pastor Jermy Arnold
Andrews Memorial SDA Church
29 Hope Road
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.