94-Year-Old Brings Message of Hope
Written by: Natalia Gordon - Florence Hill SDA Church | Thursday, October 12, 2017
Florence Hill SDA Church received quite a blessing on Sabbath, September 30, 2017, as 94-year-old Hortense Fraser delivered the message of Trust, Faithfulness and Hope for Senior Citizens Day.
Fraser, who will turn 95 in November, spoke of the overwhelming honour of speaking to her church family on such an occasion. She said that she had never before spoken from the pulpit, and thanked the First Elder for encouraging her to do so.
Sis Fraser delivered the message of faithfulness from the book of Ruth - reading her well-prepared sermon with consummate ease. She spoke of the journey of redemption for Ruth and admonished to church to be like Naomi – live a Christ-centred life so others may be drawn to Him.
The East Jamaica Conference designated September 30 to show appreciation to the Senior citizens for their tremendous contribution to the cause of Christ. At Florence Hill the entire day was led by seniors. The atmosphere was reminiscent of long ago Adventism. Old songs were song and stories told of the ways of the early church.
The Seniors were given special tokens, and were treated by the members after the midday service.
At 103 years old, the Florence Hill SDA Church is on record as one of the oldest Seventh-day Adventist churches in Jamaica. The church is proud of the contribution it has made in building up the Kingdom of God and bringing the gospel of salvation thousands in this part of the vineyard.
- “I want to be baptized so I can tell my friends about Jesus”, says 8 year old Danilo Walsh at his baptism
- Church leader declares the need for spiritual overhaul at Convention 2018
- GEMS hosts 1st Fasting & Prayer Session for 2018
- Church on a Mission in its Sixtieth Year
- 60 Graduate from EJC School of Evangelism
- PARL Director Gives Warning of Impending Storm at Religious Liberty Convention