Advent Fellowship to Send Two Students Back to School in 2020
Written by: Advent Fellowship | Thursday, November 7, 2019
With high tuition costs just one of the challenges that university students face, two students will have one less worry as a result of the Advent Fellowship 50th Anniversary Bursary and Scholarship Fund.
The Award, which will be funded through the gifts of alumni and friends, will be launched during the fellowship’s 50th anniversary Chapel Weekend Celebrations scheduled to be held on Saturday, November 16, 2019, at the UWI Assembly Hall on the UWI, Mona Campus.
The scholarship seeks to raise a minimum of two-hundred and fifty thousand dollars (J$250,000) in order to provide financial assistance to one student at the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona and one student at the University of Technology (UTech), Jamaica campuses who are able to demonstrate financial need, are involved in co-curricular, community activities and/or volunteerism and who perform well academically.
The committee says that this is all in efforts to help students develop their God-given potential while demonstrating God’s love in a practical way.
“Advent Fellowship cannot remain unresponsive to this great need. The Fellowship must focus its efforts where its prayers are, in ministering to the [financial] needs of those whom it serves.” says Mrs. Julian Brooks, Coordinator of the Scholarship Administration committee.
For more information on the scholarship, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 876-480-2398. Prospective applicants may monitor the UWI Mona and UTech Jamaica Scholarship websites for the forthcoming call for application.
- Chosen I Will Go! Church Officers of Hope District ready for Mission 2020
- "Come Alive And Possess The Land" Pastor Christopher Atkinson Installed to Washington Gardens District
- Adventists offer Instruments 4 Change Initiative as part of solution to help fight crime in Jamaica
- Instruments 4 Change To Connect Youth With Music - Adventists To Launch Music Academy
- Four Students Baptism at Miramar Kinder Prep
- Adventist Church gives love to Golden Agers at End of Year Banquet