GEMS Launched at the Greenwich SDA Church
Written by: Dr. Yvette Castell, GEMS Coordinator, EJC | Thursday, May 31, 2018
On Sabbath May 26, 2018, the Girls of Eloquence, Morals and Standards (GEMS) Ministry was officially launched at the Greenwich SDA Church.
Greenwich’s Women’s Ministry Director, Sis. Arlene Dale, GEMS Coordinator, Lisa Dennis and Children’s Ministry Director, Sheryl Capper-Brown along with mentors, played vital roles in preparing the GEMS for their launch.
Mentors escorted their GEMS up the aisle of the church as they took their place at the front of the church.
Dr. Yvette Castell, EJC’s GEMS Coordinator, Taneshia Goodlitt, Assistant GEMS Coordinator, and Tiffanie Grant and Anecia Massias, Senior GEMS from the Johnson Town SDA Church, were in attendance.
Dr. Castell charged the congregation gathered, to support and sustain the GEMS, their mentors and coordinators as they officially launched the ministry at the Greenwich church.
She reminded them to bear in mind the transformation process that takes coal to diamond, sand to pearl, caterpillar to butterfly and clay to a beautiful, precious vessel and sinners to saints.
Grant and Massias led out as the GEMS repeated their ideals and together pledged by the grace of God to remain faithful to their assignment and to remember their ultimate goal of leading souls to Christ. Indeed, the world will know the GEMS because they will make a difference by their lives.
- EJC Elects New Leaders to Serve for the Next Quadrennium
- Dr. Eric Nathan re-elected to serve second term in EJC
- Church in EJC requested to pray for upcoming Conference Session
- August Town’s Married Couples Journey to Spiritual Intimacy
- ‘As long as you remain alive you should be improving,’ says Bowers at Elders Certification Service
- August Town Honours its Oldest Active Members