“God has been helping me to practice Health Reform", says Arnold Freckleton
Written by: Judith Kirlew Samuels, Heroes Circle SDA Church | Thursday, October 4, 2018
“My life has become enriched, having listened to several motivational sermons as a young man and reading many Spirit of Prophecy books concerning health reform”, said Elder Arnold Freckleton as he shared his powerful testimony about the change which began in his life in 1981.
As a result, he told the congregation of the Heroes Circle Seventh-day Adventist Church that he had deliberately and consciously made the decision to remove meat from his diet, initially eating fish every two weeks, which, based on instructions from the Spirit of Prophecy was the route to gradually change one’s eating habit. He indicated that as his life was being transformed holistically, at times he went up to a year without eating fish, until he was able to stop eating fish completely.
As a Medical Missionary, Elder Freckleton, the divine hour speaker on the Health Emphasis Day held on September 22, 2018, also shared several tips he learned over the years to include:
1. Healthy people eat healthy food.
2. Healthy people think healthy thoughts.
3. God wants His people to have clear minds to worship and serve Him as you cannot do so when sick.
4. Sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine.
5. More than 50% of cancer sickness is due to unforgiveness.
6. Walking in all cases, where possible, is the best remedy for diseased bodies.
7. Sleep is better three hours before bedtime than four hours after midnight.
In his testimony, he shared of his experiment.
“When I drank sugary drink, my sugar level went up, however when I ate mangoes or drank mango juice, my sugar level remained normal,” he said.
The Ephesian Elder, who spoke under the theme: ‘Why is the Balm in Gilead not being used’, encouraged the church to look to Jesus for transformation as no one else could help. He said, “Health Reform must be lived as the bible instructs. Dress and behave like a Seventh-day Adventist where ever you are”.
- Rollington Town Women Sip Tea for Unity
- Adventists Make Positive Impact with Lifestyle Expo
- Adventists Health Fair gets positive response from Community Members
- Pathfinder Clubs to be Added in Public Schools
- 6-year-old Dakarai challenges parents to develop a ‘Culture Fit for Jesus’
- Hagley Park Celebrates 1st GEMS Day