Love shared in the marketplace with the printed pages
Written by: Sophia Dormer | Friday, November 24, 2017
Scores of church members in East Jamaica Conference took to the streets on Sabbath afternoon November 18, 2017 to touch and share the love of Christ with men, women, boys and girls in the busy market place and commercial areas.
The programme, was dubbed “Love in the Market Place” is an annual initiative of the Conference and is spearheaded by Publishing and Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley. Over fifty six thousand books including magazines were distributed this year.
Adventist church members across the constituency could be seen handing out magazines and books to people on the streets. Most responded positively by taking the literature while few declined the offer,
In Half-Way Tree, the Andrews Memorial SDA Church joined forces with the Half-Way Tree SDA Church to distribute literature at Mandela Park in the center of the City.
Pastors lead church members in worship services and at Mandela Park, nurses and medical team from Andrews Hospital health offered free blood pressure checks to members of the public.
Publishing & Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley joined up the team in Papine square while president of East Jamaica Conference, Dr. Eric Nathan was part of the group in Half-Way Tree that shared Christ to the world with the printed page.
Other Conference Administrators and Directors were disbursed throughout the Conference and helped to support this novel strategy of sharing Christ with the printed pages.
- Over sixty trained and graduated as disciples for Christ in EJC
- New Kingston SDA Fellowship given Company Status in EJC
- Adventists "Back to the Bible” Evangelistic Series transforms lives and makes positive impact in Western Kingston
- Kingsway Prep. School receives computers from Adventist pastor’s benefit concert
- Good Samaritan Inn Receives Dental Xray Machine
- Annual Good Samaritan Inn 5K Health Run / Walk Set for August 26 this year