Love shared in the marketplace with the printed pages
Written by: Sophia Dormer | Friday, November 24, 2017
Scores of church members in East Jamaica Conference took to the streets on Sabbath afternoon November 18, 2017 to touch and share the love of Christ with men, women, boys and girls in the busy market place and commercial areas.
The programme, was dubbed “Love in the Market Place” is an annual initiative of the Conference and is spearheaded by Publishing and Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley. Over fifty six thousand books including magazines were distributed this year.
Adventist church members across the constituency could be seen handing out magazines and books to people on the streets. Most responded positively by taking the literature while few declined the offer,
In Half-Way Tree, the Andrews Memorial SDA Church joined forces with the Half-Way Tree SDA Church to distribute literature at Mandela Park in the center of the City.
Pastors lead church members in worship services and at Mandela Park, nurses and medical team from Andrews Hospital health offered free blood pressure checks to members of the public.
Publishing & Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley joined up the team in Papine square while president of East Jamaica Conference, Dr. Eric Nathan was part of the group in Half-Way Tree that shared Christ to the world with the printed page.
Other Conference Administrators and Directors were disbursed throughout the Conference and helped to support this novel strategy of sharing Christ with the printed pages.
- “I want to be baptized so I can tell my friends about Jesus”, says 8 year old Danilo Walsh at his baptism
- Church leader declares the need for spiritual overhaul at Convention 2018
- GEMS hosts 1st Fasting & Prayer Session for 2018
- Church on a Mission in its Sixtieth Year
- 60 Graduate from EJC School of Evangelism
- PARL Director Gives Warning of Impending Storm at Religious Liberty Convention