Love shared in the marketplace with the printed pages
Written by: Sophia Dormer | Friday, November 24, 2017
Scores of church members in East Jamaica Conference took to the streets on Sabbath afternoon November 18, 2017 to touch and share the love of Christ with men, women, boys and girls in the busy market place and commercial areas.
The programme, was dubbed “Love in the Market Place” is an annual initiative of the Conference and is spearheaded by Publishing and Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley. Over fifty six thousand books including magazines were distributed this year.
Adventist church members across the constituency could be seen handing out magazines and books to people on the streets. Most responded positively by taking the literature while few declined the offer,
In Half-Way Tree, the Andrews Memorial SDA Church joined forces with the Half-Way Tree SDA Church to distribute literature at Mandela Park in the center of the City.
Pastors lead church members in worship services and at Mandela Park, nurses and medical team from Andrews Hospital health offered free blood pressure checks to members of the public.
Publishing & Spirit of Prophecy Director, Kathleen Dunkley joined up the team in Papine square while president of East Jamaica Conference, Dr. Eric Nathan was part of the group in Half-Way Tree that shared Christ to the world with the printed page.
Other Conference Administrators and Directors were disbursed throughout the Conference and helped to support this novel strategy of sharing Christ with the printed pages.
- The Church has a duty to care and give support to hurting people – says Adventist Leader
- Adventist Church in St. Thomas ready to impact Jamaica with Health Message
- “God has been helping me to practice Health Reform", says Arnold Freckleton
- ASI Missionaries Fired Up after Mission Trip to Tobago
- Disaster-Proof Your Family for Now and for Eternity
- There will be no turning Back - JAMU Hosts successful ACMS Training