Pastor Holland Thompson Gets Grand Send-off: Heroes Circle District of Churches
Written by: Judith Kirlew Samuels | Friday, September 7, 2018
On August 25, 2018, a Service of Appreciation was held at the Ephesus Seventh-day Adventist Church for beloved pastor, Holland Thompson, who served the Heroes Circle District of Churches for a period of four years from September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2018.
Congregants of the three churches filled the church as a mark of respect and appreciation to Pastor Thompson, where several tributes were made on behalf of the membership by each first elder, other elders and officers. They included Elders Cecil Thomas, Orlando Christie, Hyacinth Birch, Arnold Freckleton, Raj Turner; Lerria Martin, Bro Andrew Lawrence, Sisters Winnifred Gray and Heather Loague.
Members of the Skills Training (Entrepreneurship) Class, initiated by Pastor Thompson, surprised pastor by wearing garments they made such as crochet blouses and skirts as well as handbags. The classes were held at the Heroes Circle SDA church.
The well-loved pastor was recognized as a Christian, a Teacher, a Leader, an Evangelist, an Implementer, a Facilitator, a Supporter of programmes, well composed, one who emphasizes the growth and spiritual fervor of the church, emphasizes reverence for the sanctuary and protocol. It was said that Pastor Thompson had left a legacy of solid examples to leaders and members.
The pastor also received a Citation which highlighted his history. It was read by Dr H Birch and presented by Sis J Samuels.
- 6-year-old Dakarai challenges parents to develop a ‘Culture Fit for Jesus’
- Hagley Park Celebrates 1st GEMS Day
- The Church has a duty to care and give support to hurting people – says Adventist Leader
- Adventist Church in St. Thomas ready to impact Jamaica with Health Message
- “God has been helping me to practice Health Reform", says Arnold Freckleton
- ASI Missionaries Fired Up after Mission Trip to Tobago