Stony Hill SDA Church Hosts Health Fair ”Health is Wealth”
Written by: Tashika Witter-Francis | Thursday, October 5, 2017
The Seventh-day Adventist Church Stony Hill hosted a health fair on Sunday, October 1, 2017, dubbed Health is Wealth. The fair had in attendance over 100 persons who received health care; some free of cost.
Attendees also enjoyed vegetarian patties and natural juices and smoothies done to order.
Persons could also purchase books to enhance their family life and health. After registering for specific services, the attendees had the pleasure of waiting to be served in a pleasant atmosphere where they were even witnessed to at points.
Teams from Adventist Health Volunteers Associations (AHVA) were on site to assist with blood pressure checks, BMI checks and Quantum body checks. Other services offered were free medical checks, back
massage, foot detox, foot care, and eye screening, which came at a minimal cost.
The fair was well received by community members who supported same, even firefighters who worked across the street came and supported the cause.
Sis. Donna Ambersley, Health Director of the Stony Hill SDA church noted that, "the best thing about the fair was that it allowed for health awareness; persons learnt more about their bodies and health and how to take better care of themselves".
- EJC Elects New Leaders to Serve for the Next Quadrennium
- Dr. Eric Nathan re-elected to serve second term in EJC
- Church in EJC requested to pray for upcoming Conference Session
- August Town’s Married Couples Journey to Spiritual Intimacy
- ‘As long as you remain alive you should be improving,’ says Bowers at Elders Certification Service
- August Town Honours its Oldest Active Members