Washington Gardens emerges winner of EJC Bible Connection
Written by: Ruth-Ann Brown, Digital Media Coordinator, EJC | Friday, September 20, 2019
Nordia Sutherland of the Washington Gardens SDA Church emerged the winner of this year’s East Jamaica Conference Bible Connection Finals held last week Saturday, September 15, 2019, in the EJC Boardroom.
The event, previously known as Bible Boom, engages youth ages 16 to 30 years in the study of the word. This year's participants included representatives from Kencot, Macedonia, Burnside Valley, New Haven, Penwood, and Washington Gardens.
16-year-old Jo-Anna Bogle from the Kencot SDA church placed a close second and Moses Linton of the Macedonia SDA church, placed third.
EJC Youth Director, Pastor Ray Davis, was impressed with the enthusiasm of the participants.
"Sheer brilliance, I was amazed at the knowledge they retained,'' said Pastor Davis.
"For me I hope that those that have participated will go on to be ambassadors, so we'll have greater involvement next year," he continued.
The first and second place winners, Nordia Sutherland and Jo-Anna Bogle will now represent the conference in the Jamaica Union Finals coming up in October.
The winners at the union level will represent the country at the Inter-American Division (IAD) finals in Curacao in late November.
- ASI and EJC Stage First Farmers Market Initiative in Kingston
- Adventist Church in EJC distributes $4M in food packages Amidst COVID-19 challenges
- Washington Gardens SDA Church brings Relief to Drewsland Community Amidst COVID-19
- Jamaican Adventists Online Church Inspires Hope Amidst COVID-19
- Adventist Church in Jamaica Takes Worship Online in the Wake of Covid 19
- Advisory No. 3 - Coronavirus (Covid-19): Conference and Church Operations