• Portrait

    Our History

    The Seventh-day Adventist Church in East Jamaica has been engaged in mission since 1890. The first tracts distributed by James Palmer in 1893 signaled the spread of the church in Jamaica and the establishment of the Jamaica Mission and subsequently the Jamaica Conference. In succeeding years the status of the church moved from being the Jamaica Conference (with headquarters in Kingston), to the East, West and Central Jamaica Conferences; and in more recent years, the North and North East Jamaica Mission and Field, respectively.


     Read More